Many pricing options are available for independent living. Some rental apartments are leased with a month-to-month rate. Other homes require a monthly maintenance fee and an entry fee which is partially refunded when the home is vacated.
Independent Living Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Is Manor Park, Inc. a not-for-profit organization? A: We received original exemption under Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) as of May 31, 1964; revised under Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
- Q: Is there an affiliation between Manor Park and any religious, charitable, or other not-for-profit organization? A: Manor Park is NOT affiliated with any religious, charitable, or other not-for-profit organization.
- Q: What is the governing structure at Manor Park? A: A volunteer board of trustees is comprised of community-minded leaders who meet monthly.
- Q: What is the minimum age for living independently at Manor Park? A: The minimum age for independent living residents is age 62. For a married couple, at least one of the spouses must be age 62.
- Q: What kinds of homes are available? A: There are more than 35 different floor plans in Independent Living, ranging in sizes from one-bedroom apartments up to three-bedroom homes. Some have covered parking spaces reserved for the resident and others have one-car or two-car garages. Apartments and homes become available from time to time.
- Q: What are the financial requirements for living at Manor Park? A: The Financial Review Committee will look at each application request for Independent Living on a “case-by-case” basis.
- Q: How will I meet new people when I move in? A: Staff and other residents are alerted when new residents arrive. Residents are personally welcomed by a member of the Resident Council. Our residents are friendly and eager to introduce themselves to new people. The Director of Independent Living will invite each new resident to attend an orientation session. The best way to meet other residents is to take part in scheduled activities.
- Q: How often are monthly fees increased? A: Monthly fees are adjusted annually with a cost-of-living increase every June 1. Residents receive notice in writing about thirty days prior to the increase.
- Q: Can I bring guests to dine with me? A: Yes, there will be an extra charge for guests, but typically reservations for dining are not required, unless it is a holiday. If you plan to bring several family members or guests, please contact dining services in advance.
In addition, “cook-to-order” items for breakfast and lunch are available at the Deane Stoltz Wildcatter’s Grill, which is located in our recently completed Margaret Cowden Clubhouse. There are several coffee bars for self-service coffee throughout the campus.
- Q: Do residents have a voice in the community? A: The Resident Council is active in our community, meets monthly, and actively solicits input from residents.
Services and Amenities
- Manicured lawns, lots of trees, water features, seasonal plants
- Walking paths
- Activity buildings
- Private patio or balcony in most residences
- Full kitchen with major appliances furnished and maintained
- Transportation to routine medical appointments
- Group outings to theater, shopping and restaurants
- Housekeeping and janitorial services
- Interior and exterior maintenance
- Emergency call systems in residences and 24-hour security patrol
- Library and computer center
- Weekly computer classes taught by knowledgeable residents
- Eight free days in the infirmary with doctor’s orders
- Covered parking for apartments
- One-car or two-car garages for homes
- Assistance bars and elevated commodes
- Lunch and dinner are available in the Dining Room. Breakfast and lunch are available in the Wildcatter’s Grill.
- The Village Pantry convenience store
- Beauty/barber shop
- FMH Foundation Medical Clinic at Manor Park
- ProvideRX pharmacy serves residents and employees
- Resident services specialists, music minister and chaplain
- Wellness Center featuring state-of-the-art fitness equipment
- Dog Park
- Complimentary coffee bars throughout the campus
- Basic extended cable TV, water, sewer and trash pick-up
- Electricity for rental apartments
- Group rate discount on electricity for homes
Please contact our Marketing Department for more information about Independent Living.
Manor Park Marketing Department
2208 N. Loop 250 West
Midland, TX 79707
Toll Free: (800) 523-9898