Skilled Nursing Care
24 Hour Personal Care
Assistance with personal care, bathing and dressing, medication management, transfer/mobility assistance, housekeeping and laundry services are included. Organized activities are provided to accommodate residents in nursing home care.
The Mabee Health Care Center is licensed by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services as a 162-bed Nursing Facility, in accordance with Health and Safety Code, Chapter 242. Services are available through private funding, or Medicaid or Medicare for limited periods of time.
Mabee Healthcare Center Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Do you take Medicaid? A: Yes, however there is a lengthy waiting list.
- Q: May I tour the facility? A: Yes, and we can better accommodate your tour and questions if an appointment is made ahead of time.
- Q: What happens if we run out of money? A: An application can be made for Medicaid benefits. Residents already in our facility do not have to go on the waiting list for Medicaid.
- Q: How will you ensure the resident will not fall? A: We cannot make assurances that the resident will not fall in our facility. A resident who had a tendency to fall at home may also have a tendency to fall when they live at Manor Park. We do not use restraints since they often cause more harm than good.
- Q: Can I bring personal items? A: Yes. We invite you to decorate your room with pictures and art to make it as home-like as possible.
- Q: Do residents stay in their room all day? A: We hope not. There is a large array of activities to participate in and outings to various activities around town.
- Q: How big are the rooms? A: There is approximately 350 square feet per resident, including common areas.
- Q: Will the same people care for the resident every day? A: For the most part, yes. There will be an occasional unfamiliar face.
- Q: Does the clothing need to be marked? A: Yes, especially if you choose to have Manor Park do the resident’s laundry. We can offer assistance with labeling, if needed.
- Q: Can I bring food into the facility? A: You may bring in meals and eat with the resident or you can bring snacks in airtight containers.
- Q: Do you allow electric scooters? A: Yes. The resident will be given a driving test by our rehab staff to ensure safe operation.
- Q: Do you provide transportation? A: Transportation is provided to and from doctor appointments. A family member must meet the resident at the doctor’s office.
- Q: May I tip the staff? A: Manor Park has a policy against tipping. An alternative method to recognize exemplary service would be a donation to the Employee Christmas Bonus Fund.
- Q: What are visiting hours? A: Family members can visit anytime. The general public is invited to visit from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Q: Can I use my own pharmacy? A: You have the right to choose your own pharmacy. However, the pharmacy must be available 24 hours a day, deliver to the facility, bubble packed. There is a pharmacy on our campus that meets all the requirements.
- Q: What’s included in the room rate? A: Room, meals, housekeeping, laundry service, transportation to scheduled doctor visits and 24-hour nursing care are included. Medications and other supplies are extra.
Please feel free to contact us for more information about our nursing home.
The Mabee Health Care Center
2208 N. Loop 250 West
Midland, TX 79707
Toll Free: (800) 523-9898